Your Health is Your Life
If you could feel better, fuel well for your workouts or daily endeavors, have more energy, better sleep, and get all of that through a nutrition program that is designed specifically for you… can you picture it?
If you could have weekly meal plans sent to you that work with your workouts, coordinate and provide the right fuel for your training program, are easily applicable to just you or your whole family, with grocery lists, meal prepping and planning instructions, recipes and easy substitutions, that also included a macros program specifically for you, plus your own individual coach to work with you on your goals and your needs… what difference would that make in your life?
Nutrition is often the silent player in the background that is very important, but is neglected because we don’t see the instant results. I developed my nutrition programs for improving your health, first and foremost. Your health is your life. Aches and pains are often a sign that something isn’t right…
There are many ways we can address your health, including:
Performance: The athlete that’s looking to reduce aches and pains of a high volume training program can utilize coaching and nutrition. In addition, better recovery and boosts in performance can happen as well from tuning into your body’s specific needs for your sport.
Diseases and Conditions: Inflammation plays a role in many different conditions including autoimmune conditions, arthritis, bloating and digestive issues with the gut, headaches and symptoms like brain fog, diabetes and chronic weight issues, hormone imbalances and heart conditions like cardiovascular disease. Inflammation is just one example of the complexities of your body and your health. There are many other factors that play in to healing the body.
When the doctor said “I recommend you change your diet and lifestyle” or take this medication, it can be very frustrating. If you knew how to fix the problem, wouldn’t you? I have designed my programs to help you change your diet and lifestyle. Working one on one with me, Dr Kirstin, we can go through blood work and tests to show you how nutrition can heal. I will teach you how to fix yourself and get you on the journey to reach your goals. Using Functional Medicine principles, we can get you on the right track to better health.
How Does It Work?
- Download your intake forms & schedule your first phone call.
- Meet me, Dr K!
- We will establish goals & develop a strategy. I’ll learn a little bit more about you and how I can help.
- Get your program guide, Macros program, and any other suggestions like supplements etc.
- Schedule a follow-up phone call to answer any questions
- Track what you eat, start implementing my recommendations
- Check-in with me weekly so that we can work together to see your best results
What to Expect
12 weeks really isn’t that long when it comes to nutrition. Often, it takes 6 months to 1 year to really see the results you are looking for. But, if the commitment of 6 months, or even 1 year, makes you a little nervous, that is why we start with just 3 months. So, here is a timeline that may answer some of your questions.
No matter what your goal – to lose weight, build muscle and strength, or to get healthy and fuel your workouts better – your program is designed specifically for you. Your results also depend on you – and that’s a good thing! Since everyone is unique, different timelines and results in a 3 month period are to be expected, but in the long run, you will achieve a balance that is perfectly you.
In 3 months, to 6 months, to 1 year here is a general idea of what you can expect:
- Establish your goals and determine your needs
- Start tracking your food and learn how to balance your meals using macros
- Identify good and bad habits… start establishing good habits
- Build new routines (prepping on the weekend, eating at better times for better fueling for your workouts, eating more fruits and vegetables, drinking more water etc.)
- Learn different ways to track, using google/excel or tracking apps
- Start learning how much better you can feel with better consistency
- Learning what to eat and how much can initially be a bit frustrating… learn to make choices that make you feel like you are adding more into your diet, rather than avoiding or taking away food
- Learn how food can fuel your body, improve your energy, and heal many issues and conditions
- We all have cravings, triggers and sometimes even emotional attachments to food – we will work through this to help you stay successful
- If we are treating a certain condition: we will begin by tracking blood work and other markers and you will learn what you need to do in order to make progress
- Further explore your goals and your needs.
- Often health related issues become more clear – work through these for optimal health (examples can include: digestion issues, headaches, migraines, skin conditions etc.)
- Notice habits and behaviors that can derail your progress – work through these with guidance and accountability to teach you how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Bring more awareness to how food makes you feel – sugars and refined carbohydrates often kill your energy and slow down your workouts – but more balanced meals keep you going all day
- Improvements in how you feel during workouts and recovery after workouts should be noticed
- Notice how eating healthy helps you do more and healthy habits and routines begin to become automatic
- For athletes: work on training and event-day sports nutrition to fuel well and help you have a successful competition/race
- *Some people notice changes on their blood work by 6 months depending on the condition and how well they followed a healthy, balanced diet
- You’ve learned when you need to be strict, how you can stay consistent even on vacation, at restaurants or other social events
- Continue tuning in your nutrition and making adjustments
- Continue tracking blood work to view any progress and continue making necessary adjustments
- Utilize the program as your rock to lean on for guidance and accountability
- Be reminded of your goals or establish new goals
- Adapt to new training programs or increased training
- You are not meant to be on this program forever, we will work on strategies to help you stay on track regardless of what life throws at you
- Eating healthy and a healthier lifestyle should be becoming more and more automatic
Results will always vary, but the best results are often seen when the program is followed well with a positive and open mind.
Ready to get started?
Level – 1 Program
- 12 week Macros program to help get you started
- Learn more about the additional benefits of the program by clicking below
Level – 2 Program
- 12 week Macros program plus meal plans
- Learn more about the additional benefits of the program by clicking below
Dr Kirstin Lauritzen DC, provides Chiropractic care and Nutrition Programs to help you change your health. Chiropractic care can help with many aches and pains that result from issues with posture, poor movement patterns, chronic issues that haven’t been dealt with, and most importantly injury prevention.
Chiropractic Care is helpful during times of injury, but it is also a way to support the body with recovery and keeping muscle and ligament tissues healthy. Movement patterns are often caught before they lead to injury, which is why many athletes and individuals take care of their body with Chiropractic.
If you are looking for Chiropractic Care visit our clinic page at Lauritzen Chiropractic.